When it comes to online marketing, content is king. Content is what will attract new customers, engage with existing customers and bring back past customers. Content also plays a key role when it comes to improving the organic search rankings of your business.
But not all content is created equal. And when it comes to online marketing, the quality of your content is more important for achieving results than the overall quantity. This is why a solid content strategy is so important when it comes to digital marketing in Brisbane.
Building a Content Strategy for Your Business
An expertly crafted content strategy eliminates the haphazard approach to business promotion which was common in the early days of online marketing. A company cannot develop a sound content strategy without first answering the following three questions:
- What is our brand? A brand is the identity associated with a business. If you want to sell your company to a specific audience, you first need to understand your brand. What is it that defines your business? What makes you different from your competitors? What kind of personality do you want people to associate with your business?
- Who is our ideal customer? Your ideal customer represents your target audience – the people that are most likely to do business with you. Once you have identified your ideal customer, you’ll know how to market your business in a way that is most likely to appeal to them.
- How will we create and manage the content? This last question deserves serious consideration. Creating and managing online content is a time-consuming process that requires a formulated approach, an expert understanding of Search Engine Optimisation (SEO) techniques and the necessary tools to analyse user metrics. If this isn’t something that an existing staff member can handle, your best option is to engage with a digital marketing agency in Brisbane.
Once you’ve answered these questions, you’re ready to start planning what kind of content you need to create and what platforms will provide the most effective distribution levels.
What Kind of Content Should You Be Creating?
Before you decide what kind of content you want to create, start by researching what kind of content your ideal customer wants to consume. What search terms are people using in your area? Which blog topics have the highest number of views? What kinds of social media posts are receiving the greatest levels of engagement?
An experienced digital marketing agency in Brisbane can help you to identify key metrics that will tell you what kind of content you need to be producing to achieve your digital marketing goals. There are many different kinds of content to be found online, but a business content strategy should focus primarily on the following three types:
- Personalised content: This is the sort of content that tells your audience about your brand and encourages them to engage with your business. It typically includes blogs and social media posts that show off the personality of your business.
- Informational content: This is the content that your ideal customer is searching for online. It’s the answers to frequently asked questions, the ‘How To’ guides and the instructional video series. This kind of content helps your target audience to find solutions.
- Exciting content: This is the kind of content that gets people excited about your business. It’s the announcement of a fantastic new product, a recent innovation, a great customer review or a new specialist joining your team. This kind of content keeps people up to date with what you’re doing, what products you have available and how your customers are responding.
How Will You Share and Monitor Your Content?
Creating content that is exciting, relevant and informative is only the first step. Once you have the content, you now need to decide how and where to share it with your target audience. For example, should the content be shared on your website? Or via social media? Should you opt for paid ad campaigns? Or will you get better results with a long-term focus on SEO?
Once your content has been distributed, it then needs to be monitored on an ongoing basis. Monitoring your digital content will enable you to track your progress towards your business marketing goals. It will also allow you to routinely evaluate and adjust your content strategy in response to the changing interests and needs of your target audience.
Where Can You Find Expert Assistance?
A digital marketing agency in Brisbane can be invaluable when it comes to establishing an online content strategy. Experienced online marketers can carry out the necessary research, formulate a strategy and create engaging content in a variety of forms. A digital marketing agency will also help you to determine what distribution methods will produce the desired results and then monitor the content and make changes where necessary.