As a small business owner, it’s important that every marketing dollar you spend delivers the desired return on investment (ROI). When it comes to social media marketing, many small business owners just don’t have a lot of confidence that it will produce measurable results. So, is social media marketing really worth it? And how can you use social media marketing in Brisbane to create measurable results?
An estimated 4.14 billion people globally are now using social media, and the number of active users in Australia is steadily climbing. According to Statista (an online statistics tracker), 58% of Australians actively used social media in 2015. Fast forward to 2021, and that figure has increased to almost 80%. With so many people engaged with social media, it makes sense to go where your customers are and to make full use of the various social media marketing tools available. Social media marketing in Brisbane can benefit your business in the following 5 ways:
- Targeting a receptive audience: An investigation by research institute MarketingSherpa found that 95% of adults in the 18-34 age bracket follow brands on social media. Why is this significant? Because these people are actively asking to see more marketing content from the brands they’re interested in. Unlike TV or radio ads (which most people view as a necessary but annoying interruption), social media marketing goes to a receptive audience. By sharing informative and engaging content through your social media channels, you can establish a lasting connection with your target audience.
- Driving more traffic to your website: Social media marketing can help direct your target audience towards your website, resulting in increased customer conversions. For example, if you publish an informative blog on your website, a certain number of people may find that blog through a Google search. But if you post the blog and then share links to that article through all of your social channels, you’re effectively broadcasting your new website content to a broader audience who have already demonstrated they’re interested in your product or service.
- Giving you the tools that you need to reach your ideal customer: Social media marketing gives your business a range of tools that, when utilised correctly, can help you to engage with your ideal customer base. Facebook ads provide excellent tools that are designed to significantly improve your social media marketing ROI. For example, a digital marketing agency in Brisbane will be able to define your ideal customer through the Facebook ads platform. They can then use this information to display your ads to a specific audience who exhibit similar interests and behaviours.
- Increasing your marketing ROI: Social media marketing is an incredibly cost-effective method of marketing. Research shows that the cost per thousand impressions (CPM) for social media marketing can be just $2.50. This means social media marketing costs about a third of what you would expect to pay when advertising through a more traditional medium. Social media marketing allows for excellent ROI because content can be re-purposed for use across multiple platforms and builds brand awareness for your business (encouraging long-term sales growth).
- Improving your search engine rankings: Having active social media accounts will work in harmony with your business Search Engine Optimisation (SEO) strategy. Every time someone shares or likes one of your posts, that sends a message to Google that your business is a reliable brand offering useful content and this will help you to achieve higher search engine rankings. Additionally, if you have active social media accounts, these will appear high on the Search Engine Results Pages (SERPs) when someone searches for your business name.
To find out more about how social media marketing can benefit your business, talk to an experienced digital marketing agency in Brisbane. Campaigns You Love has a dedicated team of marketing strategists, designers, writers and content creators who specialise in helping small businesses excel at social media marketing.